Thursday, November 19, 2009

The wonder of it all

Nothing extremely exciting or blog worthy has really happened in the past week, but there sure have been a lot of lovely little moments. I'd like to share some of the highlights.

November 17th brought the celebration of Emily's day of birth. We spent the day doing things that reminded us of her. We had a tea party where we all dressed up and decorated our kitchen/living room accordingly. I discovered that I really enjoy making origami birds and we used them in the decorations.


Vienna is preparing herself for the Christmas season and she's pulling out all the stops. They've already begun to decorate the streets and it's so magical looking. Also with Christmas comes many markets with good food, drinks, music, and shopping. I'm very excited to celebrate Christmas here.
The weather has been surprisingly nice as of lately and has beckoned me to take many walks to soak up what little sunshine is left before the very gray winter rolls in. One sunny Sunday a few teammates and I went on a walk down the heavily painted Donau Canal. It was a lovely day.

I've discovered a fun way to practice my German and have a good time with friends. One of the families here on the OM team is Swiss and has three small kids. They have a computer game that helps young German speakers to practice spelling, pronunciation and grammar. Even though the game was definitely designed with children in mind, it's helpful and fun to work on with my little Swiss friends.

No comments: