Monday, January 23, 2012

Public Library Updates

I'm currently using a computer at our local public library and a little yellow box in the right hand corner of the screen keeps flashing how many minutes I have left. In other words, this will be a quick update.

I'll post a few bullet points about what life has been like since moving to PA

  • We finally got into our apartment on Tuesday after being told many different dates and times that we should be able to move in. It turned out that we got a much nicer apartment than we were expecting and 2 bedrooms instead of one! Needless to say, I'm very excited about the change.
  • Jake is no longer a vacuum salesman and is still looking for a job. Today he's helping transport cars from one dealership to another with a friend of ours. We're trusting God to provide and keeping our ears and eyes opened for any opportunities.
  • Last night we went to a staff meeting for all the people who help out at Gateway House of Prayer. We mingled, small talked, dreamed, and became even more passionate and excited about what God has in store for us during our season here.
  • Jake calls our apartment the "Hobbit Hole" because he has to duck while walking under one of the doorways. If he jumped in any of the rooms he would most likely be very sorry he did.
  • Jake and I are excited about the church we will be attending here. Yesterday instead of a normal service of preaching and listening, the entire congregation had a time of corporate prayer. It was an awesome time and we're really looking forward to getting more involved.
  • Our apartment is still chaotic with boxes and suitcases and random odds and ends all over the place. Every time I have the chance to unpack, something else comes up and I can't seem to get much done. Yesterday I started painting some of our not-so-pretty furniture and it makes me so excited to see how everything will turn out once all is said and done.
  • My job situation is also up in the air. I'm currently working for the job I had before, helping elderly people in their homes, but I don't think that is where I will be permanently. We shall see.
  • I have 19 minutes left.
  • I promise to post pictures and talk about Christmas (a little late, I know) once we have the internet. Supposedly our modem will arrive on Wednesday. Ta ta!

1 comment:

emily rae said...

That hobbit hole thing made me laugh! Man the more I'm in a similar place being in a new home and looking for a job, I will be praying for you both to find something you LOVE! :) and yes let's really talk soon! I'm free pretty much every night! Let me know, we can even skype if your modem comes in! :) Miss you Lindy Lady!