Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Birthday Bonanza










I like birthday parties. We had one for me on Sunday and it was delightful. There were plenty of outdoor activities, tasty treats, friendly faces, and laughter. Jake was on grill duty while I meandered around and chatted. We got to introduce the slack line to our friends and it was such a hit. I thought that you only received presents at birthday parties when you're a child, but I was happily mistaken! A bunch of people gave me all sorts of thoughtful gifts and cards and my love tank was filled.
I think I'm like a pirate when it comes to presents. I probably don't really know what pirates do with their discovered treasures and plundered booties, but if I had to guess, I would say it's pretty similar to my strange ways. I love to lay out all of my presents in front of me and look at them over and over. I like to pick up one at a time and inspect it, then put it down as I move on to the next. I got some real doozies from Jake as well, but that will have to wait for another post. My 24th year is looking promising and exciting with lots of unknowns and new adventures. Bye Bye 23, you were an awesome year to say the least.

2 comments:

emily rae said...

Oh Lindy happy birthday!!!!!!!!!! It looks like you had so much fun :) 23 really was a good year for you huh!! :D Another great one to come!

Natasha said...

plundered booties. I laughed : ) you are good for my heart my friend. I'm so glad you day was so lovely!