Friday, October 19, 2012

It's time to Celebrate!

October celebration is in full swing ladies and gents. I never get to put as much time, effort, and energy into it as I'd like, but it's still fun to do those extra things that make this month memorable. We've had plenty of apple cider, did some fall decorating, and even went on a drive on some back roads for the sole purpose of gazing at wonderfully colored leaves. We're lovin' this time of year.

I spruced up the apartment with this white pumpkin, some mums, some cute gourds and corn, and even some burlap on our end table.
 We went on a hike with this sweet little one and had a drum jam at the look out point.


 Our hike ended at a fun petting zoo and "pretzel hut" where we ate pumpkin pie flavored ice cream!
Some friends of ours hosted a "pumpkin party" where everyone brought a food that had pumpkin in it. My personal fav was Jadah's savory dish of pumpkin stuffed shells! Yum!

And just the other day we spent the evening carving pumpkins with my nephews. Jake's had so much character.

The fun doesn't stop there either! Tomorrow Jake and I plan on having a picnic and then going on a hike to enjoy all the marvelous leaves. Sunday some friends of mine are throwing a baby shower for me and I happen to know that there will be some tasty fall treats. And, next weekend, we'll head on up to my family's cabin for the weekend. How lovely! This is shaping up to be a pretty good October indeed!



2 comments:

Natasha said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying October! Everything sounds marvelous : ) ps please tell Jadah to just whip up some more shells and fedex them right over. That sounds so tasty!

emily rae said...

Lindy GAH! I miss you so much!
That one gourd looks like a swan.
I miss celebrating Fall with you! and your new header is super cool :)