Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Summer Addition


Jake's sister Mel is staying with us for the summer and man oh man has it been great to have her here!
I'm so thankful she is getting to know Israel and bond with her nephew. 
He likes her a lot.
We all like her a lot. 
She got a job at a cute cafe (Tomato Pie Cafe) before she even arrived in PA. 
God is taking good care of her. 
She's been doing the Night Watch with us and has brought a fresh fire and passion to our prayer times. 
Her commitment to God is spurring me on to seek and find Him more!
I'm so thankful that I married into such an awesome family and I can't wait for our Paurus beach trip in June! It's going to be a blast.


Jake and I did our best to fix up our basement for her arrival. 
We live in an old farm house so the basement was a little less than inviting before we started this project.
We painted the walls, laid carpet, covered the nasty exposed ceiling with colorful and mismatched sheets, created some custom-made artwork, sprayed raid in every crack and crevice that bugs could enter, and my favorite part; we decorated! 
Hooray for a new season and a fun summer full of memories to be made!

No comments: