Sunday, January 25, 2009

Let's get oriented!


I have officially been located in the great land of Austria for 1 whole week! I definitely can't believe it. I've found that I seem to say out loud "I live in Austria" at least once a day. I need a reminder here and there.

Since I'm sure all of you lovely people out there are dedicated to reading my blog, I should probably make sure I bring you up to speed on some pretty important details. First we'll start with this little thing called OM. Operation Mobilization (OM) is a full time ministry that has a base here in Austria. They are specifically called OM EAST which stands for EurAsia Support Team. Here's part of their vision "We want to see God glorified in Eurasia, especially in former communist countries. We focus on serving and strengthening the Church, bringing hope to forgotten peoples and making their needs known." The base that we are affiliated with specifically deals with editing, creating, and shipping Christian literature and multimedia to these forgotten peoples. My team is actually living in 2 of the flats that OM own and we will be working with them pretty closely. So far we have just fellowshipped with the families here and they are really amazing. They are from all over the world, some from Switzerland, England, Germany, Sweden, Australia, and America. They have really taught us a lot and will be an amazing support of seasoned missionaries. They really know what it is like to be out on the field. If you want to find out more about OM you can check out there website http://www.east.om.org/ .

Life has been crazy but lots of fun the last few days. Some highlights are...



  • Trying new foods of all kinds, Wiener Schnitzel, kabobs, moose, Norweigan goat cheese, Mongolian food.

  • Going to a progressive dinner (Having each course at a different person's house)

  • Our "Great Adventure" in Vienna where we were given 10 addresses and told to find where all of them were using public transportation and maps

  • Went to an international church service at the Vienna Christian Center

  • Marinated in an authentic Finnish sauna

  • Got cell phones!

Those are all small tid bits of what life has been like. Things are really good and I'm definitely enjoying myself here in Austria.


When I say I'll be putting pictures up soon, I really do mean it this time. It will be soon!


Also, just letting you know, you don't have to have a blog to comment on my posts. I'd LOVE to hear from people. Please give me any and all feed back!



Until next time...

2 comments:

Andy.DePasqua said...

sounds awesome Lindy! glad everything is going well! you're in my prayers and i enjoy the blogs. Skype me sometime, cause when i'm on i'm at the computer.

ted said...

amazing pictures. I wish I was in Austria. It looks as though you're really enjoying yourself. It was great talking to you on skype, quite an amazing thing, that skype. I'm still searching for the necessary equipment for my computer to function using that program.

grace and peace.