Monday, October 19, 2009

Celebrate October

October is by far my favorite month of the year. I remember my dad telling me it was his favorite when I was a little girl and I noticed that we did end up on a lot of walks during that time. Now, here I am, over half way through with October and I must say I've enjoyed every bit of it.
October has also been repeated over and over in the mouths of my teammates as the time when our lives would finally settle down in Austria. It's true. We've been getting back into ministry and organizing our lives after a long time of meandering all over Europe. It's been nice to be reunited with my homeless friends and Calvary chapel buds. I can't deny that I am a bit antsy to go on another journey. :)

Luckily, I've been finding adventures without having to leave the country. In the beginning of October I had the opportunity to help harvest grapes at a farm in a tiny village not too far from Stockerau. It was most definitely a tasty cultural experience with a nice gift of freshly squeezed grape juice. Truly the fruit of your labor!


No comments: