Monday, January 25, 2010

Little things that glow

I decided to share with all you cyber friends out there a few pictures of the little enjoyable moments of life that make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

Eating healthy! I never ate healthy before moving to Europe and now all of those veggies and fruities look so delectable. Not to mention how a mug of warm soup on a cold snowy day makes your belly feel cozy.
Buttons! My supervisor's wife decided to give me a huge tin full of buttons left at their Austrian home by an old Oma who passed away. Some of the buttons are extremely antique, detailed, and beautiful. I look through them quite often and dream of all the creative projects waiting to be complete with the addition of a few of these treasures.
Socks! Slippers! Long Johns! Well, actually I'm mostly excited about the socks. My Austrian friend Michi overheard a mentioning of cold feet and decided to bless yours truly. Her Grandma is an avid knitter and whips up a pair of socks for Michi for every holiday or basically any opportunity to give gifts. I am thankful for these warm additions to my feet.
Long tree-lined paths to stroll down on a cool winter day in the small village of Stockerau, Austria. I am aware of the importance of cherishing every one of these moments in my short three months that still remain.
For Christmas my mom made this remarkable feather covered bag for me. I am awfully fond of it and have decided to use it as my 'knitting bag' for storage of yarn and needles.

Soak in today. It only happens once!

No comments: