Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fork in the road

Yesterday I waved goodbye to my dear friends Ryan and Noelle as they departed for their internship in Central Asia. Their next adventure started last night as they boarded a graffiti-covered sleeper train headed towards Istanbul Turkey. I can only imagine the adventures they are about to have.
It was really wonderful to have two close friends visit for an extended period of time. There's just something so comforting about being with friends who you can completely be yourself around. We had lots of long conversations, explored Vienna, enjoyed a large snowball fight and a campfire, and relaxed. There were a few unique changes in our friendship though. Noelle and I spent a considerable amount of time knitting, cooking, and cleaning together :) I thought that was a funny turn from how we were back on our Bethany Campus.We also witnessed what Vienna is like during New Years Eve. It was definitely wild. Many people who had a bit too much to drink were shooting off heavy duty fire works all throughout the city. It sort of felt like a war zone.Now, it's time to let life slide back into the way it was. I look forward to when my path will cross with the Peters' down the road.

1 comment:

emily rae said...

Lindy! I am not going to say I'm jealous of you when I look at these pictures (though I am)! I'm so glad you got to see them again! And in Austria!! How cool is that!! Man oh man Lindy I can't wait till the day you get back on campus!! I am so excited to see you my heart can barely stand it!
I love getting and reading your comments on my blog :) I miss you a lot and it is so good to hear from you when I do! Minnesota is good, good ol' BCOM campus, just holdin it down ;) it's a little too cold here for my taste but hey, it's worth it. Today I bought ice skates! I'm going skating tomorrow with Christieann. This is probably too long for a comment so I'm going to wrap it up. So basically, I am SO happy you got to see Ryan and Noelle! I'm glad you had such a good time! I miss and you love looking at your picture in the admin hall :) I'll be seeing you not too long from you my friend! Stay warm and I lvoe you!
Always,
Emily!! <3