Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Quirk

Why do girls do the things they do? Why is it that we seem to have these funny quirks that we can't explain, but seem to affect a large portion of us? Maybe this one in particular, that I'm about to discuss, isn't as wide spread as I would like to think, but I know for certain I'm not alone. The oddity I'm talking about is girls who like to own/wear an article of their boyfriends clothing. (Now, please understand me, I'm only talking shirts, jackets, sweatshirts and the like). The last time I was in Minnesota for a visit it was very snowy and cold (surprise!). Jake's younger brother wanted us to go outside and play in the snow, but I was a bit hesitant of becoming frosty, chilly, cold. After some coaxing, Jake offered me one of his sweatshirts to wear, along with my many other layers, and for some odd reason it made all the difference. When it was time for me to head back to PA, he kindly allowed me to keep the sweatshirt while we were apart. I think I wore it to sleep every single night for at least the first 2 months of our pen pal period. After dropping some big time hints that it was getting too warm to wear his sweatshirt to sleep he kindly sent me this lovely package.
Now I have a new sleeping shirt, dove chocolates, a mix cd, and other thoughtful knick knacks. He's a pretty cool boyfriend.