Friday, April 13, 2012

Fort Paurus

So I'm finally starting to get over the little bug I got last week. I'm almost completely rid of symptoms, except a scratchy voice which fooled my dear friend Noelle today when she called and thought a man had answered the phone. :) 

When I'm sick I just want people to take care of me. In fact, I usually think about how nice it would be to have my mom tuck me in and give me a good book to read and some juice to drink and check on me every once in a while. Yeah, I probably need to grow up a little bit in that area. Jake does a great job of taking care of me when I'm sick. Seriously, he amazes me with his selflessness. One night he told me to go lay down in the bedroom and to not come out until I heard music playing. Feeling a little suspicious, I anxiously waited for whatever surprise he had up his sleeve. When I heard the build up of music getting louder, I recognized it right away as the Lord of the Rings soundtrack. When I stepped into our living room I found this:



He put together this awesome fort to curl up under while we read the Hobbit together. It was delightful. I cozied up with a blanket and admired all the unique patterns and textiles we had all around us. I have a wonderful husband.

2 comments:

King Huckleberry said...

Ha!!! andrew did the same thing for me earlier this month!! wow i felt like we were the only kids around. you guys are so so cool

little lamb said...

um, this is amazing.