Saturday, December 1, 2012

Giving Thanks

Jake and I started our Thanksgiving by hanging out in the prayer room till about 3 a.m, giving thanks to God for all that He's done. Instantly I thought of Ephesians 2 and the awesome reminder it is to me about where I've come from. I was dead and He made me alive! I was, by nature, a child of wrath, but God showed me mercy! I was a slave to sin and obsessed with gratifying my fleshly desires, but He raised me up and sat me in heavenly places with Christ! Woohoo!! So much to be thankful for.

After sleeping for a bit, we headed to my parents house for our thanksgiving feast. And feast we did! This year I made the sweet potatoes and was terrified that it wouldn't taste as good as my mom's. How in the world do you live up to your mom's cooking?! 
It's still such an amazing blessing to me that I get to be around my family right now. After 6 years of being a little nomadic, it feels nice to have some roots put down and to be apart of my family. Watching my nephews and niece learn and grow is so incredible.
I got to take some Christmas card photos for my lovely sister and her fam. Those nephews of mine have grown so fast!
Since we were already out and about taking photos, Jake got inspired to do a photo shoot of me and the little guy. You should have seen him, crawling around on the ground, climbing up hills, all to get just the right angle.


I'm 31 weeks and 5 days in these photos. Tomorrow I'll be 33 weeks! Time is flying by!

Our Thanksgiving festivities didn't end there. The next day, Jake's sister Val and her husband Taka came for a visit. They stayed with us for the weekend while we puppy-sat at my mentor's house. We had a lot of fun exploring Lancaster, visiting Green Dragon, and wrangling puppies.

It was a delightful Thanksgiving indeed! I don't have any pictures of this, but we did get to go to a Thanksgiving meal put on by some friends of ours from Gateway. There ended up being over 50 people all packed into a tiny bachelor pad. It was great! We are so grateful for the community we have here. We are truly blessed.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

Lovely : ) I can't get over how wonderful you look...oh I wish I could be around the pregnant you! maybe one day : )