Saturday, December 29, 2012

God & Sinners Reconciled!

Oh blogging. How I go through seasons where you are such a joy to do, and others where I can't seem to muster a single interesting thought to write. Trust me, it's not for a lack of interesting stuff going on, I seem to always have plenty of that. Maybe I can blame it on being pregnant, or as my birth instructor would say,"placenta brain."

Let's start with a Christmas update. There are plenty of other things to write about, but they will have to wait for another post.


 We got our tree about a week before Christmas. He was a tiny little guy, but just right for us. Jake always has a fun time decorating the tree with all his childhood ornaments and we both love to sit with the lights off and enjoy the colorful lights.
 I had a fun time decorating our gifts this year with all the left over bits and pieces of yarn that I never know what to do with.
 Our homemade stockings my mom whipped up last year for us.
 This was our second year of making homemade donuts on Christmas eve. This picture makes them look absolutely disgusting, but trust me, they were delicious. Pumpkin donuts with maple glaze. Yum!




 We went on a Christmas eve hike and it was so lovely. Right at the very end it started snowing and it was gorgeous. It snowed the rest of the day and we had a white Christmas. Jake's little Minnesotan heart was overjoyed!

 We opened our presents to each other on Christmas eve. We both bought each other tank tops from the same store, 50% off woo hoo! Jake did such a good job of getting me just the right presents. He bought me a pair of sweat pants that I've probably worn every day since because they're just sooo comfortable. He also got me Darling magazine. It's similar to kinfolk in it's style, photography, and layout, but it's all about the "art of being a woman." Most, if not all, of the writers are Christians so it comes from a really Biblical perspective. I love part of their mission statement; "Beauty apart from vanity, influence apart from manipulation, style apart from materialism, sweetness apart from passivity, womanhood without degradation." I'm loving it.
We've had more snow here and it's wonderful. I feel like a grandma though because I hate driving in it. My hands hurt from gripping the steering wheel so hard. I've got plenty to do indoors to keep me busy because in 3 days we will be moving into that house you can see across the parking lot in this picture. But that is another story for another time.


1 comment:

Kenzie said...

You are the cutest preggo lady :) I love your long hair! And YAY, officially moving! Praying for a smooth move and transition. Happy nesting :)