Sunday, September 22, 2013

Autumn Arrival








Have you heard?!
It's the first day of fall!
Today is a day to listen to the crinkly crunchy sound of dried corn in the wind, and feel the crisp, but not too cool, breeze on your face. I love it!
It's time to start experimenting with all the flavors that autumn brings. 
How about some brie and ginger snaps (from Jadah's wedding. we also had these at our wedding)
or try pairing different foods with figs!
This season also makes me want to try my hand at some dried floral arrangements and wreaths (these are ones my mentor did) I'm amazed when flowers can look so stunning even when the life has left them.
So, go out and purchase a gourd, make yourself something warm to drink, and scheme about all of the tasty soups and treats you can make this season. 
Be prepared for the many more "Celebrate October" posts to come.
(by the way, that's our house in the bottom corner photo at the top. for some reason it looked extra quaint with the sun shining on it)

1 comment:

little lamb said...

life is simple and beautiful :) i love the simplicity and beauty in your posts, they make me smile and breathe easy.