Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Floral Fun

This past weekend held the much anticipated wedding of Jadah + Yasser.
I was very excited for my lovely friend to be wed, and I was also thrilled that some of my dearest friends would venture out to PA to join in the celebration. 
I was on flower duty and was slightly nervous to venture into the world of wedding flowers without my mentor's guidance and professional touch, but it was an awesome and satisfying challenge for me. 
Plus, I had the help of 3 beautiful friends that oddly enough, make the perfect team for me even though we are so VERY different.
Here are some photos of our floral journey taken by the talented Emily Stephenson
 A few succulents, affectionately named Fern & Jehoshaphat (not sure why the third one didn't get a name), waiting to be made into something beautiful!
 Putting together some babies breath boutonnieres. Simple and yet so elegant!
 We did babies breath bouquets for the bridesmaids as well. Probably one of the prettiest and most cost effective ways to do wedding flowers.

 I have been dreaming of making a floral crown some day and decided this was my chance! I made this little beauty for Jadah's bachelorette party with a few extra flowers.
 I had to try it on :)
 The rightful owner looked amazing in it!
 And here is the bride's bouquet. 
Jadah only had a few requirements, thus giving me a lot of liberty to play around. She wanted a unique and not-your-typical-wedding bouquet as well as have a massive succulent. I think those both were accomplished and I was so satisfied with how it turned out. 
This was such a good challenge for me. 
I love working with flowers and it was exciting to see that I'm learning and growing in this art. 


No comments: