Monday, October 7, 2013

Mama & Baby





Today has been a hard day
One of those times where it seems like Izzy is crying more often than not


It's amazing where your heart, mind and nerves can go when you're a flustered mama trying to guess what this constant crying is about
You try everything, and then you anxiously await for their next nap
Lately I've been feeling far from perfect in the area of motherhood
There are so many times that I have no idea what I'm doing
There are two things that I keep coming back to
One: the leadership of the Holy Spirit is perfect
Two: God is after the state of my heart, not my perfect parenting
So, in the midst of the floundering and guessing and mistakes, I fight for a surrendered heart
One that is quick to listen, willing to repent, slow to panic, and abounding in thanksgiving and praise
Being the parent God has called me to be looks a lot less like a well dressed, superbly fed, and developmentally elite baby and a lot more like a quiet 'yes' on the inside that says;
"Lord, do what you will"

2 comments:

Merle and Kimberly Zimmerman said...

I just love this post and pictures!! Seriously -- warms my heart!

Abby said...

Yes, yes, yes! I was just praying for wisdom today in raising these kiddos. Sometimes we just don't know what to do, but He does and is waiting to lead us. You are an encouragement!