Wednesday, October 2, 2013

When Two Become One

Yesterday, Jake and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary.
I've been thinking about our wedding day lately and how special and meaningful it ended up.
I was talking with a friend a few weeks ago and she said how our wedding made her cry almost the whole time and that she really felt the presence of God.
That's something we wanted, to honor God and make a statement of what our marriage was going to be about.
One of the most powerful moments of that day was when our dear friends Ryan & Noelle played a song with a vivid message about the biblical understanding of marriage.
I cried the whole time as I thought about how much God had in store for us.
I was learning, and still am, that marriage is so much more than just two people living together. 
It's such a beautiful picture of Christ and the church that God also loves to use to refine us.
Nothing like getting married to give you lessons on humility
Well, except maybe having a baby. :)
I'm no longer my own. 
I am Jake's and he is mine.
We're one, and I couldn't be happier about that choice.

Here's the song, written by Clay Edwards:
I want a love that is patient 
I want a love that is kind 
I want a love that endures through the test of time 
No evidence of pride to be found in my life 

When two become one (4x) 

Bone of bone flesh of flesh 
When two become one it’s a mystery 
He lays down his life she lays down hers 
They grow in love and humility 

Hallelujah there’s more to this love than you and me 
Hallelujah we’re living for a different age, for eternity 

As iron sharpens iron 
You will sharpen me 
And we will have hearts of love to give
We will have hearts of love to give 
We will have hearts of love to give 
Our Lord and our King

















shout outs: 
wedding photography by Emily Christine Photography
wood carved cake topper by Cameron Quie
girls hair clips and guys boutonnieres by The Living Bouquet
cake, cupcakes, and appetizers by Jadah Sanchez
groomsmen crocheted ties by Inglenook Yarn Craft
pearl earrings and necklace - my granny's
handmade gauges by Omerica Organic
my wedding dress by BHLDN
my dress alterations - my mom, 2 days before the wedding! she's amazing!!!

No comments: