Friday, December 5, 2014

Ode to Israel

A few days ago I was telling another mom about a cute phrase Izzy often says, when she exclaimed,
"Oh Lindy, you need to make sure you write that down! You don't want to forget that!"
A few different emotions came over me in that moment. 
Guilt, frustration, urgency, overwhelmed.
I haven't done a very good job of celebrating and documenting life.
This blog has been lying dormant, my journals are covered in dust, my nice camera stays put on the shelf, and to be honest, I still haven't printed out pictures from our wedding. 
Yep, it's that bad. 
So, instead of feeling overwhelmed which leads to me usually doing nothing, I'm going to start with some baby steps.
Very small baby steps.
I'm here to tell you all about my adorable and wonderful son, Israel Paul.

Favorite toys: Anything where he gets to "Knock 'em down!", stuffed rabbit named Pierre, his 'lello gigi' aka yellow digger, cardboard boxes

Fun words: "meh-mane" aka airplane, "puss" aka push, "loolel" aka noodle, "chew bed" aka new bed, "appa goosh" aka apple juice

Current Interests: Thomas the Train and anything choo choo related, Elmo, dancing, praying (always while holding hands), being chased by Dad (all the time), construction machines, 'swimming' in the tub,  identifying colors (he is so good at it!), drawing

And, his cute phrase that my friend didn't want me to forget is my favorite. Whenever he wants you to throw something up in the air, he points up and says "To the moon!" We have no idea where he came up with it, but it is so darn cute!
He's turning 2 at the end of January and should be a big brother by the end of this month!
I don't think he understands that we're about to add a permanent addition to our family, but I think he will handle it fairly well.
He loves babies.
Hopefully he loves babies that take a lot of mom and dad's attention :)

 These are from this summer. The one in the stroller was from our beach trip :) He really enjoyed the sand and the water, as long as he was in control.

 He loves his dada SO much. It is such a joy to watch their relationship.
 A few from earlier this fall. Izzy LOVES the red balls at Target. He insists on trying to 'move' them every time, while grunting and groaning "heavy!"
I love my little guy. He is such a blessing.

1 comment:

Abc12ab said...

:)

Just what i needed to make my life better.

I love you and miss you!!

Melanie