Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Waiting


As I write this I'm sitting on a giant exercise ball, rocking back and forth to give my hips and tail bone a break. I'm also trying to do some squats. Anything to get this baby to come. 
My due date was yesterday, and now we wait.
Waiting was rather easy with my first child.
I knew that the average woman went 8 days past her due date for her first pregnancy.
I didn't have anything pressing happening.
There was no rush.
This time it feels so different.
I have all these plans and dates and hopes and dreams and they all seem to include a baby that came early or on time. 
Christmas is coming, and I want my baby to be here.
Jake's family is coming, and I want them to meet this new addition. 
Isn't it funny that one of the most momentous occasions of your life you have little to no control of? 
I don't think it's a coincidence that modern medicine still hasn't figured out what causes labor to begin. 
I think it's meant to be a mystery. 
We're supposed to trust God and His perfect timing.
My mentor sent me this quote today about rest.
"When we are at rest we are trusting that there are larger forces at work taking care of the world."
I need His perfect peace.
I need that rest.
The Lord of Heaven's Armies is intimately aware of this little life in my womb, and He knows what's best. 
I wonder if Mary was tempted to fear when it didn't seem like 'perfect timing' for her first to be born.
Being forced to relocate to a far away city on foot that close to your due date. 
Then, not finding anywhere other than a stable to give birth. 
Being away from friends and family who could give support.
But it was all a part of the Master's plan.
His son needed to be born in the city of David, the place of Kings.
He wanted His entrance into the world to be far from grand and set the stage for a life of lowliness.
I have to trust that God's ways are best, and allow this time of 'discipline' to train me.
I'm choosing Mary's response;
"I am the Lord's servant. Let it be to me according to your will"


1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is so good and encouraging. I too am waiting and have very similar feelings/thoughts to yours. Thanks for sharing!