Thursday, February 26, 2009

James 1:27- Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.


I know that I've been talking a lot about all of the fun things I've done since arriving in Austria, but I want you to know, that this is still my passion for these 16 months. We've had a lot of awesome opportunities to do and see really unique things. I went skiing in the Alps this past weekend, it was amazing. I watched people go to a fancy ball in their expensive dresses and tickets that cost them 17,000 euro. These have all been wonderful experiences and I will never forget them.


But...


I cannot wait to see why God really brought me here. I have been so hungry for more of Him and that has been my daily vision. I want to know Jesus more. Every day that goes by without me abiding in the one true vine, is a day completely wasted! God is so burdened for the people of Austria. He loves them dearly and is going to use my team to shine the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ. While I'm waiting for our official ministry to start, I want to dive deeper into the Word and bask in the presence of Jesus. He's calling me deeper, and I want to be quick to respond.


Titus 2:11-14 - For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.

2 comments:

ted said...

I hope things are well with you. I guess you are still in the dark right now about the Visas or I probably would have heard from your dad. I'm glad to hear that you are in good spirits about the whole thing and trusting in God for the outcome. We have spent some time individually and corporately praying for you and this particular situation.
God is certainly using this for a reason. Let Him build your character and faith in Him during this time of uncertainty, which I know you are doing by simply reading your current blog.
Praise the Lord.
Jess and I love you.

Set_Apart said...

I LUB DOO!!!!!!
so much so much so much


and amen to this post.
go be religious in the truest sense!!!