Monday, September 14, 2009

I had the pleasure of hosting my wonderful parents for a full 12 day long vacation! It was very nice having them around, especially after such an intense summer. I will admit it was challenging to be the constant translator and tour guide, but traveling around with my parents was a lovely time otherwise. We visited Prague for an overnight visit that included a tour of castle grounds, discovering the old city, amazing food, and medieval atmosphere. Then, after spending some days exploring my more familiar city of Vienna, we head out for a trip to Innsbruck and Salzburg in southwestern Austria. We got to experience amazing views of the Alps and a fun Sound of Music tour. We also took a detour at the end to find the town where supposedly our roots started. Here are some pics of my time.





On Friday we leave for Croatia for our intern retreat. When we return we are heading to Hungary for a weekend and then hopefully will be done with our traveling for a very long time. I'm excited for these next couple travels, but am a little nervous for our time of settling down. I'm not sure if I'm ready for this next season, but God knows and He'll prepare me for anything.

No comments: