Thursday, December 10, 2009

Unexpected trio

I would like to introduce to you my Austrian fathers I adopted.


This is Ferdinand and Ludwig. They come to the homeless dinners on Tuesday evenings and Saturday mornings and we've become great friends. For some strange reason they've really taken a liking to me and want to hang out with me even outside of the dinners! I've gone out to eat with them a few times and it was so much fun.

What blesses me the most about my friendship with these two guys is their generosity and genuine care for me. They both have two very different financial situations but are still in no place to be spending extra money on random American girls. These are the friends who have supplied me with sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving, an advent calendar and wreath for Christmas, and other special Austrian gifts. They make me feel very loved and cared for as they truly treat me like a daughter.

It's so neat how God can take people from very different situations and make something new and lovely out of it. I don't look at them differently because I know one of them sleeps under a bridge and is in a heck-of-a-lot of legal trouble. I don't look at them differently because they have to go to homeless dinners to get by. And they don't judge me for my nose piercings and terrible attempts at speaking German :) We make a great trio.

No comments: