Thursday, December 3, 2009

Torn

I've discovered that lately I've been living like a true 21 year old. Some how my flat-mate and I haven't gone shopping for food in a couple of weeks but are still surviving. I've noticed that I eat about one real meal a day and usually hold myself over with peanuts, olives, cheese, or ice cream throughout the rest of the day. I also never say no to free food. A mother's nightmare right?

Lately I've felt very strangely split between two worlds. I still have over 5 months left of my internship, but yet I'm preparing to go home. It feels so funny to be buying plane tickets and planning out my future at Bethany College and at home in Pennsylvania. I also feel like I should be heading home soon since it is the Christmas season. This will be my first Christmas away from home and it definitely feels very strange. I'm excited for what it will be like here, but I know it just won't be the same as home with family.

Also, this month will be exciting as I will entertain a few much anticipated visitors. In one week two very lovely, beautiful, and sassy Hungarians will be visiting me for a weekend. I'm so excited to show them around Vienna and make an attempt to show them the same top notch hospitality that they showed me while I was in their country. Then, on December 31 two of my most special friends will be visiting me for one whole week. I cannot hide my excitement when thinking about that wonderful week with them.

In honor of my fond thoughts of home :

1 comment:

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Lindy,
LOVE your blog! I didn't realize you were a "blogger". I am excited to follow you on here... Love what you write! <3

-Ria

come visit me at my blog!