Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Lentil Stew

Random thought : fasting makes me feel a bit more compassion towards Esau. Sometimes the lentil stew just looks so good!

This weekend my good friends Neal and Natasha came for a visit so that Natasha could attend a small baby shower held by some people here on campus. I got really excited about their future baby girl and decided to knit some baby head bands. I had so much fun making them and got told by lots of people that I could sell them if I wanted. That would be fun.

 It was great to hang out with them again and sad to say goodbye. Next time we see one another they will have a little one! That just seems so crazy!

Much of my spare time lately has been spent talking to God or pondering about my future. I need to have some answers to complete a paper for my graduation, and also so I can buy a plane ticket. At times this process has been extremely stressful and overwhelming to me. Lately I feel like God has been able to show me another side of waiting that I often forget or ignore. If He gave us everything we wanted as soon as we think to ask for it we wouldn't experience some of the depths of our relationship with Him that are only encountered through desperation, longing, waiting, and crying out. He wants us to trust Him for everything. The pictures in the Bible of people asking repeatedly for their plea to be answered are there for a reason. He wants us to come after Him, and I've decided to respond as heartily as I can. I'm chasing until I catch something and will enjoy the many hours with my Maker a long the way.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i stared at that picture of the baby headbands for a long time wondering how you learned to make a flower and being really impressed and thinking i really need to step it up on my knitting skills, and then i read the caption on facebook and felt a little better about myself but still really impressed. :-)
i miss you lindy. i sent you many messages on skype when we were in georgia, but i don't think any of them went through. we don't have a personal computer or internet right now so that is why communication is so scarce. we will work somethin out soon though...
love you dear friend