Thursday, October 21, 2010

short and sweet

3 cheers for beautiful leaves! hip hip! hurrah!


October is soon over and I can't believe it. Time is flying by, while at the same time I'm wishing for it to go faster. I haven't been extremely fond of what I'm currently doing with my life, and mostly that is to blame on a lack of trust in God. Because my focus is not fixed on Him, I then decide to pick apart my own life, and I become so self-absorbed it's disgusting. So, now I've identified the problem and am taking small steps to fix it. One of the steps include joining a small group that doesn't perfectly fit my fancy of what small groups should be like. I'm trying to forget my preconceived ideas and my selfish desires, and do something just because I believe God wants me to. I'm actually getting pretty excited about it as well. I think God is going to use those times to change some things in my heart. I'm so bad at embracing weakness, so it's a good thing I have an understanding and wise boyfriend who prays for me and reminds me of the truth. Woo hoo!

This weekend I'm going to visit a dear friend of mine in Philly. I'm excited to see what her life looks like over there, and also to join her in a homeless outreach going on in Love park. It's going to be a good weekend. Oh, and I also get to ride a train, which sounds so awesome since I miss long rides on public transportation in Europe.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

dear lindy.
you are a favorite friend.
: ) i'm so excited about seeing you soon...embracing weakness is so hard...praise god for honest faithful men ; )