Saturday, October 30, 2010

Post # 80

Well, October is coming to a close and it still is breathtaking outside! The leaves are hanging on to their brilliant color, the air is crisp but not too cold, the sun shines most of the time, and my mom made a pumpkin roll cake!! Now I'm getting ready for November and the wonderful Thanksgiving festivities that come with it. I don't know of too many things going on in November other than a wedding of two friends (Candice and Brian) and the preparation to visit MN on December 1st!

Last weekend I visited my friend Victoria in Philadelphia. I was so excited to go on a train since I really enjoyed doing that in Europe, and was pleased to meet two German tourists at the train station. We chatted in German while an Amish guy listened in and gave his two cents here and there. The journey was beautiful with all of the colorful trees, Amish farms, and quaint towns. Vic and I had a wonderful time exploring the city and meandering around. We went to a homeless outreach in Love park which was challenging but good. I'm very aware that evangelizing does not come very naturally to me. It was nice to pray with people and give them some pizza. If nothing else, they at least got to sleep with a full belly. All in all, it was wonderful to be in a city, to experience new things, and to spend time with a lovely friend.

1 comment:

Natasha said...

December 1st? Soooooo sooooon : )