Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Food for thought

Brief and somewhat random update, I'm thinking about making some drastic changes to my eating habits. The thought has crossed my mind quite a few times over the past couple of years, but after watching a Dr. Oz episode on obesogens (terrible sounding word right??) I feel even more desperate to take the plunge. Dairy products and I just don't get a long. We've had a rocky relationship, and for some reason I keep ignoring the abuse I receive and run back to all of that lovely lactose with open arms (and mouth). It's bad. I feel terrible after I eat just about anything dairy. I have little lactose pills I can take with my first bite, but I too often forget to take one or don't have any on hand. And that's not all, meat and I are barely even acquaintances anymore. We've drifted apart over time, and now that I know all of the terrible little secrets that lie inside of these packaged and processed beasts, I think it's time to call it quits. Wow. Am I really saying what I think I'm saying?!! That would be a major change in my diet, but I feel like my tummy would be thankful for it. Anyways, that's something I'm chewing on right now (har har).

In exactly one week I will be in Minnesota again for yet another wedding. I must say that my Austria team wasted no time in getting hitched and hooked up once we touched down in the homeland. I'm looking forward to spending New Years with lots of loved ones and getting to spend some much needed quality time with Jake and his family. After I come back, Jake and I will be starting our separate internships meaning that we will only converse through written mail for about 3 months! It's going to be challenging, but we're so excited to see what God has in store for us.

No comments: