Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My journey west

When Jake's two week visit was over we packed up my Toyota Rav 4 to the brim with all of my belongings and headed west. We made a pit stop in Chicago to visit Jake's sister Val and attend the Chicago Blues Festival, then meandered over to Bloomington Minnesota where I currently reside. I live in a quaint cottage house with dear friends Ryan and Noelle Peters. It takes me three minutes to drive to my work, and about ten minutes to drive to the House of Prayer at my college campus. Also, the cheapest gas station in town is less than a mile down the road. I work at an assisted living facility and really love it. The residents are very kind and understanding and love to ask me questions about wedding planning. It's been so much fun to reunite with old friends and establish a community out here.
 Sign from a surprise engagement party

 Church picnic
 Being Jake's "assistant" when he painted a parade float

No comments: