Monday, March 12, 2012

Fractured Prune

Here's another weekend recap. It's not that my weekdays are boring and uneventful, it's just that I don't tend to take a lot of pictures during the week and I have a hard time making posts without pictures.

Friday night we went over to our friends Keith and Nicole's house for dinner. Their 4 year old daughter, Bella, was quick to give us a tour of her room and show us all her toys. The evening ended with a music performance where Bella stole the show as she played her purple guitar as a standing bass.

Saturday was a full one for Jake and I. Thankfully, we started it off with my first ever donut at the Fractured Prune. I've heard so much about this spot in Lancaster and how incredible their hot and fresh donuts are. We were definitely pleased.



Jake had a meeting with a potential client for a mural, I ventured around Central Market and then we headed to my parents house to work on a big painting for my nephew's 8th birthday. 


Jake squeezed his way into my parents tiny little shed to work on the painting. Definitely not an ideal situation, but at least the canvas wasn't blowing around in the wind. We've been praying and searching for a 'studio space' for Jake to work on art projects. Using spray paint makes it tricky sometimes to find a place for him to be creative and not fear making a mess. There are some barns nearby that offer storage space and we've been dreaming about turning one into a studio if the owner would allow us. If you think of it, please pray for God to provide in this. We both feel like God is going to make a way for Jake to have more opportunities to do art, maybe even for a profit, and he needs a place to do it!



And here's the birthday boy in all his Phillies gear (hat, sunglasses, necklace, t-shirt, 2 bracelets, and a watch). Thataboy!! We're very supportive of his latest love of the Phillies. A few years ago he tried to tell us he was a Cowboys fan. We were a little nervous that his taste for sports teams was a bit off. Obviously now he's doing much better!

It was a good weekend. Today started off a little odd as Jake got picked up for work by a colleague and accidentally left his keys with me. He just called me as he was breaking into our apartment through the window. Not the most reassuring thing that it's so easy to break in, but I'm glad he didn't have to hang out for 3 hours till I got home. Now I'm going to spend some time listening to a sermon by Allen Hood about pruning. Ouch. Not a topic that I love, but one that is very real to me in this season. If it brings greater fruit and intimacy with the Father, I'll gladly offer up my dead branches, even if it means loss, change, and pain. Have a marvelous Monday!

PS Check out my friend Laurel's sweet giveaway on her blog! She's so talented!

No comments: