Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sweet Sunny Sundays

Every week I look forward to Sunday. On Sundays Jake and I schedule into our day a few hours of arts and crafts time. Jake usually ends up drawing or painting, and I usually end up knitting or sewing or making some other crafty thing. We have a lot of fun when we invite people over to join us.
With Jadah here, she decided that her creative outlet would be making some tasty treats on Sundays. We were very quick to encourage her in that endeavor.
And my dear friend Debbie visited and did some knitting.

In other news, on Tuesday night at the Equipping service at Gateway, the message, as usual, was right on point with what God's been talking to me about. They were talking about living a disciplined lifestyle, mostly in the area of time spent with God in the secret place. The Lord has been pointing out in my own life lately that I can no longer justify spending my time on so many things that may not be sin, but are a distraction and are hindering my growth in Him. He's worthy of it all, and that means my most prized possession; time. This has been a journey and sometimes I fail miserably, but I realize that at the end of the day, I'm only living for the approval of one man and He sees my heart's intent. Praise God for His mercy and grace!

1 comment:

King Huckleberry said...

I just caught up on your life through your blog. I realllly miss you! I am so thrilled that life is going well for you. thank you for posting,because of it i was encouraged to make sure to get in the word today! love to you Lindy.