Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Garden

My dear friend Noelle inspired me to do an update on our soon to be garden. Ok, so it's not that exciting, but we have accomplished a few things.
  • Convince my dad into letting us have a garden in their yard
  • Decide on all of the veggies and herbs that will be planted
  • Remove the top layer of grass on one sunny Saturday


Growing up we always had a garden and I used to love watching the process. I was known for being daddy's little helper, so I eagerly helped with the tasks of planting, watering, and especially harvesting! It was the only time in my younger years that I was actually willing to eat vegetables. There was something so exciting about running out back and plundering all the stuffings for a delicious pita pocket. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that's some hard work! I think Ryan prepped the minnesota garden like that last year. this year we used our neighbors tiller, which was still a lot of work (for him) but a bit faster. once those little sprouts start peeking out of the ground it's all worth it.

we should learn how to can things. like salsa and jam :)

Audrey said...

This is so fun. I badly want a garden, but until I have a place for one I will live vicariously through you. Keep posting photos! :)