Monday, May 7, 2012

Forever Begins When You Say Yes

I'm currently listening to the sweet sound of static on the baby monitor. Love it. About 10 minutes ago, Colin, (the 20 month old boy I nanny) was going "Ninnyyyyy!! Ninnnyyyyy!! I see yeww!!" Ninny means Lindy, in case you were wondering.

It's funny. Sometimes with this blog, I feel really pressed to figure out something to write. Mostly, if I don't have any pictures to show, I feel uninspired to blog. For once, that is not the case. I feel like I have more blog posts to share than I have time to type and more pictures to edit than I have the patience to go through. One thing at a time.

Saturday. Let's start with Saturday.
Jake and I decided to go to Philly for the day to see his co-worker play in a free outdoor concert.
Philly + free + concerts = we're in! We wanted to find something to do to pass the time before the concert so Jake started researching online. I heard squeals of delight coming from the living room (I don't think Jake would appreciate me calling them squeals. Maybe manly grunts of glee. That sounds good), as Jake found the perfect thing for us to do. We decided to take a self-guided 'tour' of Stephen Powers' "A Love Letter For You" project. Jake had admired this guys work for years and had no idea that all these awesome murals that he had been so smitten with were right here in Philly! So, we hopped on the metro and stared, pointed, laughed, and attempted to take pictures as they all flashed way too quickly past. At the last stop we decided to get off and walk the rest of the way so we could take better pictures. Here is a sneak peak into the perfect Lindy and Jake date. All we need is something off the beaten path, funky and unique, and a little bit artsy and we're thrilled. This is what we found:
(sorry, this may be a lot of pictures!)











(this was one of our favorites but sadly you had to climb up on a roof to get a good picture, so, this last one was not taken by me)

This isn't even all of the pictures we got of those fun murals! If I posted all of them, I would probably make your computer crash trying to load. It was so much fun.

P.S. Oh and we also made sure to get some cheese steaks while we were there. I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, but we liked Jim's cheesesteaks WAY better.

P.P.S We also spent so much time looking at the murals and sitting in traffic that we missed the concert we came out to see! Funny how that works...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I loooove these! So cool :] So romantic!