Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rainbow Flapjack Flashback

Today is Jake's birthday! Woo Hoo! My wonderful husband turned another year older today. I'm so grateful to be apart of the years, and birthdays, to come. One day when Jake and I were talking about our "bucket list" of things we want to do around here, I made sure to let him know that I'd really like a big birthday party. I'll take any excuse I can get to hang out with all of my friends at once. He then told me, that his ideal birthday would be a backpacking trip with just the two of us. We are so different! So, this coming weekend we're headed to the Allegheny trail for some birthday celebration. But that's not all. The birthday festivities already started on Sunday morning with a wonderfully delicious surprise.
My dear pal Jadah had a whimsical idea for the perfect birthday breakfast for my hubby. I mean seriously, if you know how colorful this guy is, you'll understand why this is so fitting.
 Here's Jadah putting all the colorful pancakes in ROYGBIV order.
 Adding some sprinkles
 Almost blowing the stack over
We each had our own stack and enjoyed eating all the different varieties (yellow had blueberries, blue had bananas, orange had walnuts, violet cinnamon, indigo chocolate chips). It was the funnest pancake experience I've ever had. Yay for the year 26! It's going to be a good one, Jacob!

No comments: