Sunday, September 19, 2010

Butterflies, beaches, bicycles, boyfriends

Yesterday Jake jumped back on a plane to Minnesota after a much needed 7 day stay. The first three days we were in Pennsylvania and he got to meet all of the family. It was so nice to have him share in my world over here, to be able to have faces with names and what not. Then we left for a 4 day vacation with my parents in Ocean City, New Jersey. The weather was exquisite, the boardwalk food delicious, and the time spent together essential. At the very latest we'll see each other in December, but we sure hope to make it sooner than that.
Today I also had my first day with Home helpers and my first client. It went well and I feel a lot more confident about working in this area. I really hope that God can use me to love people who need it in a practical way. One of the first things my client asked me was "Do you like to torture yourself or something with those nose rings and tattoo?" :) I think we're going to get a long great.

No comments: