Thursday, September 9, 2010

jingle jangle

My trip to the cabin was relaxing and enjoyable. We spent most of the time outside in the beautiful 60 degree weather with my sisters, mom, and I knitting while the men and boys did some geocaching and hiking. And, because I can't show off my newest nephew enough and due to feelings of 'blog neglect' from my sister, here's a cute picture of mother and son :)
My parents and I have taken on the challenge of moving my mother's sewing room from upstairs to downstairs. This has been something we've dreamed of doing for a long time, and have finally decided that now was the time to do it. In going through her sewing stuff my mom has found a lot of older sewing supplies that she neither needs or wants. This is exciting for me since I plan on trying my hand at sewing in the very near future and would need some supplies of my own. I also enjoyed taking some cute retro needle holders and using them as decorations in my room.
While we were cleaning out my mom's room I found three old prayer cards of mine. I realized that this is the first time in four years that there wasn't some sort of card plastered all over people's refrigerators with my face on it. I was thinking I should make a new one that says something like "Pray for Lindy as she embarks on a long distance relationship" and maybe post a photo of me holding my "Help Jake and Lindy be in the same time zone" change jar.
In case you lost count, Jake will be here in less than 48 hours. :)

2 comments:

Noelle said...

you should do the home ec online sewing course from freckled nest!!! Did you check that out? If I had some time and a sewing machine in my life I would do it in a heartbeat.

hahaha - we will prayerfully consider donating to your relationship fund.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Oooo love the retro sewing stuff!! When you come to visit... can you teach me to knit?! I might be riding the bus a lot in the near future and something fun to do with my hands would be nice. :) Miss your bright face friend.

--Kenzie