Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Bombadil

I've been home for over a month now and things have been a bit harder than expected. I still feel out of place in the area that I called home for most of my life, and loneliness is trying to kick in. Being around my family has been the biggest highlight and blessing of this time at home. I'm so thankful I get to watch my nephews grow, reconnect with my sisters, and of course be around my parents. I have a few things I've been doing lately to brighten my day in my down time. One is knitting my very first hat. It's proved to be a challenge, but definitely doable. I have an extra drive to complete it because it's for my wonderful boyfriend and the cold Minnesota days are coming quickly!
 I am also embarking on the long journey of the "Lord of the Rings" book series. I really love it! Tolkien's language paints the most beautiful pictures and brings me right along in the adventure. If any of you are fans of the movies, the books are really wonderful as well.
And last, but not least, I'm preparing to celebrate my favorite month of the year. October is just around the corner and I have quite the list of things I want to do. I got myself in the fall festive mood by ordering a fallish drink at a coffee shop, which was decorated in such a way that I didn't even want to drink it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O lindy. I just read your blog and it was good, so good...I think a tear might of slipped out and ran away. Hurray for the hat, yay for challenges and for Jake's soon to be warm head. And as for that pumpkin drink, i'm impressed. I really wish you were across the hall or in the living room right now. Miss you Lindy Sue and I love you!

Jadah

(p.s. that package is staring at me right now and i almost can't wait for Friday morning to come :) )

Audrey said...

i miss you. i love you. let's hang out. the end.

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of you knitting! You are lovely. What drink was that?! Looked amazing. Way to continue on your reading goals!!

*Kenzie