Thursday, September 2, 2010

Young and Old

I'm going through the process of becoming a 'caregiver' with an agency in Lancaster called "Home Helpers." Their tag line is "Helping aging seniors safely manage and enjoy an active lifestyle while maintaining their independence." I'm really looking forward to this new opportunity. I'll get to hang out with people in their homes and help them do little bits of every day life that are a struggle to them. I can't wait to have lots of new Grandpas and Grandmas around.

On top of that, I've been babysitting my youngest nephew Colton at his house on Mondays and Fridays, and helping my mom babysit him and my nephew Evan on Tuesdays and Thursdays here at home. They keep me on my toes and exercising my imagination which is always a blast for me. Also, they give me an excuse to check out some of my old favorite kids books from the local library. If you haven't read anything by Bill Peet you are seriously missing out. The Wump World was always my personal favorite.

Tomorrow my whole family (parents, sisters, husbands, nephews) will be heading up to our cabin for the long labor day weekend. I'm so excited to relax and enjoy the outdoors. Hopefully I can teach my nephews my favorite game to play at the cabin which includes a slanted tin roof and lots of acorns. When we return from the cabin, it will only be 5 short days until Jake arrives!! I'm a little bit thrilled about that :)

And since two other dear friends of mine recently posted links to lovely videos with good music, I've decided to do the same. Check these guys out. This video feeds my origami obsession.

4 comments:

Natasha said...

: )i am going to read that book...the cover art has won me over. I'm excited for your many Grandmas and Grandpas! Can't wait to hear how it goes! Have fun with your family and enjoy your time with Jake...like I need to tell you that : )
December december...only a few months away!

Ames said...

Cool Lindy! I was a home aid assistant for a while, and LOVED it. It's humbling and frustrating at times, but really so rewarding! You'll be great at it!

Kenzie said...

oooo those books look grand! I'll have to get a library membership as well. Can I just say your nephews are ADORABLE! I have a nephew now too!!!

Set_Apart said...

hewow windy.
I miss wou.
aaaand whenever that jake dude gets there, you two should set up a skype call with me.