Friday, January 28, 2011

Mischief Maker

"My prayers are nothing other than a sense of the presence of God. My soul is simply insensible, at the time, to anything but divine love. When the appointed time of prayer has passed, I find no difference because I still continue with God, praising and blessing Him with all my might, so that I might pass my life in continual joy." - Brother Lawrence


This is what I'm practicing with many mistakes, slow beginnings and stubbornness. I'm not wasting time over my failures but moving forward and starting fresh with God moment by moment, minute by minute. When being intentional about how you spend your time, it's amazing what you'll find you waste so many hours on! "Our useless thoughts spoil everything. They are where mischief begins." This statement is so true, and very easy to turn a blind eye to. No one else can see or hear what goes on in that mind of yours as thoughts are spinning in and out continually! Imagine if we really did set our minds on things above or if we really had a mind like Christ?? Oh Lord, help me in my journey to invest my time in the things of Heaven!!

((And a quick shout out to my girl Catlin if you're reading this! I got your letter today and it meant a lot to me. You're oh so thoughtful and I love love love the headband and ear apparel. ))

3 comments:

King Huckleberry said...

oh lindy. i always check your blog to see whats on your mind :)

catlin made those?? she is so creative, she made me a journal once that i would have paid big bucks for at a store!

one day when you and i and all our creative friends are neighbors in minneapolis we will start a business

emily rae said...

Lindy, I was looking for you on facebook and wasn't successful so I hope I am not being too off topic to your wonderful thoughts on this blog - but I have to tell you one thing.

Truth be told, I miss you. And truth be told I'm NOT LYIN'!!!!!!!!!

Catlin said...

Yay! im glad you liked your little package lindy :) <3 i was so honored with the shout out i had to officially leave my first comment.