Saturday, January 15, 2011

Sweeping

Today when I walked in to the prayer room I felt so incredibly distracted. I felt sad and alone and couldn't get my mind off of my own feelings. Mostly, I was missing Jake and feeling a little distraught that this is only the first week. I asked God to help me trust Him with these emotions and I kept telling myself that I'm not getting any closer to Jake by thinking about him and moping. God came through, and swept me away into a really amazing time with Him. I forgot all of my issues, and my 'afflictions were eclipsed by His glory.' Then, somebody turned off the music in the prayer room and switched to the live IHOP webstream just in time for me to hear that they were praying for the new interns that just arrived in Kansas City. I couldn't stop laughing to myself as I prayed, (along with all of the people in the room I was in, hundreds of people in Kansas City, and possibly thousands of people tuning in on the webstream all across the world) for Jake! Haha!! So, when I stopped worrying, and feeling sorry for myself and trusted God to help me when I felt so removed from him, He provided in such a cool way! I'm so aware lately of how God's wisdom is far far greater than I could ever comprehend. I love following His leadership. He's so good at it.

2 comments:

King Huckleberry said...

i love "i love following His leadership. He is so good at it"

dang..i want to go read my Bible.
time will fly lindy!! be encourged!

Natasha said...

: ) this was so great to read