Saturday, January 22, 2011

Worth

There have been so many moments lately where I've had some thoughts that I wanted to share on my blog, but by the time I got around to the computer, they all just flew away. So, now I'm here to try and squeeze one or two out of my noggin. I've been pondering a lot on the worth of Jesus. Through one of my internship classes, I realized that my relationship with God leading up till recently had been almost entirely selfishly driven. I wanted God to do something for me, or make me feel a certain way, so I spent time with Him or read the Bible with that in mind. I've been reading Revelation a lot lately, and noticed that the angels and creatures and people hanging out around the throne of God can't seem to get over the worth of Jesus! That is their main focus of worship, in fact, it seems like they can't control it, they keep falling all over the ground and throwing crowns around and what not. To just gaze upon the beauty of God is where He wants us and oh man is it nice to forget about myself for a while! There's nothing more worthy of my thoughts, my efforts, my affections, nothing! It has been a fun/challenging journey to teach myself to actually turn my mind toward Jesus as often as possible. I'm reading "Practicing His Presence" by Brother Lawrence and Frank Laubach and boy oh boy do they set a pretty amazing example of walking with God. I highly suggest picking up this book and giving it a look through. But anyways, I can't seem to think of a better way to spend my life. He deserves every little bit of me, so I'm trying to give the best thing I can, my time.

On a lighter note, I got my first letter from Jake yesterday. Hallelujah. 

3 comments:

King Huckleberry said...

legit lindy :)

"everytime i talk to the Lord i fall."

-from Lacrea's Rehab cd. check it

Set_Apart said...

hallelujah indeed!
:)

i looked at plane tickets briefly today...gah!

Momuv5 said...

Hi Lindy! I love reading your blog. It inspires me to think...
Nicole said I wouldn't be considered a stalker if I wrote a note to you on your blog. :)
Yvette