Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Live Today

I just read my dear friend Natasha's blog and it was just what I needed to read. She talked about being thankful for the moments and opportunities you have now that won't always be there. This season of life right now is very transitional, which makes it very easy to be constantly looking ahead. Even the weather makes me tempted to always want something to come. So, here's a short rant about all of the things I want to soak in.

I may be living with my parents for the last time. My nephews are only young once and I get to spend so much time with them! My parents are so kind and generous to me and I have the opportunity to save a lot of money. I'm making a lot of new friends and finding a beautiful community of believers here that are so special to me. I love the city of Lancaster. These might be the last months at my home church, with the people who are so much like family to me. I'm getting to spend time with my sisters and actually be friends with them, rather than them just being my babysitter. I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be right now when it comes to this internship. I'm learning, growing, and becoming more established in my faith during this season. Doing separate internships and only writing letters has actually been really awesome for my relationship with Jake. I will cherish the letters I receive from Jake and will look back on this correspondence fondly. The cold weather means there's still time for me to make myself a scarf finally! I love all of my clients as if they were family.

Wow! I am so blessed and aware of God's faithfulness. I'm right where I'm supposed to be. I want to be diligent about making the most of every situation in this short but sweet season. I'm sure God has so much more in store!

3 comments:

King Huckleberry said...

this is awesome! enjoy this season :)

Kylie Marie said...

I love that you and Jake are writing letters to each other. This seems to be looked at as "something of the past" these days...why write letters when you can text?? I love sending and receiving letters and think more people should do it :) Speaking of which... did you get my check?

Kylie Marie said...

Beginning of February I sent it... I can resend if sometime this week... It must have gotten lost... has not gone through yet tho so that's good!