Friday, March 25, 2011

What's happenin'

I'm currently listening to my adorable 3 year old nephew pretend to be a power ranger downstairs. He's the blue one, but won't be a 'real power ranger till he gets bigger.' I love these kids.

Normally I have some kind of purpose or theme with my blog updates but I think this one will be just that, an update. So, here's how things have been as of lately. I've felt more connected to my fellow interns lately. On Monday night at our internship small group we stayed 2 hours longer praying for one another and hearing what God had on His heart for each person. Those moments create such a cool bond among believers. That's the way the Body of Christ is meant to work and it's so exciting to me. Wednesday night I came down with a nasty stomach bug, which I'm still recuperating from. I got sick during one of our internship classes and I was so touched by how everyone cared for me in different ways. They're starting to feel more and more like family. Today I wrote my last letter to Jake because his internship ends one week from now. Can you believe it?!? What seemed like it would last forever is almost over! It's still hard to believe that I'll actually be able to talk to him on a regular basis very soon. God has been so faithful during this time to sustain me and protect my heart. What an awesome season it has been! So far I've received 21 letters from Jake and I cherish every single one of them. I must admit, I am very thankful for the invention of skype. :)

1 comment:

King Huckleberry said...

your hair is so so long! excited for you that you will be able to talk to your man much more!