Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mosaic

I just got back from an international food store and it made me miss being in a setting where I'm surrounded by people of other cultures and nationalities. When I walked in the store there was a guy there who looked Turkish, and while we were there at least 2 Russian people came in. That might not sound very exciting to you if you're currently living in a big city, but in little old Denver, Pennsylvania, I'm quite deprived of diversity! I love learning from other cultures. I love learning bits and pieces of other languages. I love looking at the differences in appearances. I love trying out new foods and beverages. The mixture of cultures on earth is really a work of art. I'm excited to be in another country again some day. I think I was made for that.
My purchases: smoked gouda cheese, Jewish Chalah bread, and a Milka bar

And even though the weather has been quite chilly lately, we can be sure that Spring will come! I found these little flowers the other day and they reaffirmed my hope.

And the countdown is 2 days until I chit chat with Jake!!!!

1 comment:

Jadah Bug said...

lovely flowers, delightful people from different places, and delicious looking food...simply marvolous!