Monday, September 10, 2012

20 weeks


I'm actually 21 weeks now so this is backtracking a bit. I know the picture is a smidge grainy, but hopefully it displays my little bump for you all. I'm a little bigger in this photo because I had just been to a pot luck lunch :) Things are feeling a lot more real lately. I have had a few moments where I'm certain I felt a little kick or punch. My stomach seems to be steadily growing and my clothing is getting less and less comfortable. I'm working on an online baby registry and having to make decisions on what sort of stroller to use, which things to get new and which things to hunt craigslist for, and the always tough choice of whether or not to take the leap of faith into the world of cloth diapers. Yeesh! 

Dear Baby,
We get to find out if you're a lady or a gent tomorrow! It will be our first time seeing you on an ultra sound and I can't wait to see all your little parts. I hope you do some flips for us. Your daddy just recently found out that at this stage you're starting to recognize voices, so he regularly smooshes his face against my tummy and tells you things. We've been staying really active lately so that mommy doesn't get too out of shape and is more ready to bring you into the world in January. We go on lots of walks and runs together, all 3 of us. It's going to be fall soon, and I have a feeling it will be your favorite time of year since your daddy and I love it so much. I'll eat some pumpkin things just for you. We keep praying for you and asking God to help us raise a child that is an overcomer and has a tender heart toward the Lord. We love you already. Keep growing!

Love, your Mama

5 comments:

Lia said...

oh, the baby registry thing is hard! i made a few mistakes (don't go with the boppy nursing pillow- choose the "brest friend" awkward name, amazing pillow), and a couple good choices (moby wrap!). just don't believe those lists that tell you everything you need, because you only need half of what they tell you :)
I'm sure you'll figure it out!

congratulations again, and i love your baby bump! you look fantastic :)

Abc12ab said...

love this and love that little one that's in there, and love you both too!

lots o love.

melz

Natasha said...

dear paurus peanut...you are well loved : )
dear paurus mama...you are thoroughly missed...
my heart is bursting for you...oh the way your heart will expand for this babe!

emily rae said...

Lindy you look beautiful! Absolutely amazing :) and I LOVE seeing the bump!!!

colleen said...

Oh lindy, thanks for your meanderings! I so miss seeing how you light up Jake's life! I am so in love ith lil' Paurus already! Youdo look fabulous as a mom with a baby bump. I am so longing to speak into that little one's life. But I believe God is hearing my prayers and already giving him my voice....thanks for being a great wife and a great mom!