Friday, March 1, 2013

4 weeks


I have a 4 week old baby!
Oh my goodness, can this really be true!? Wasn't I just pregnant like yesterday?
Me and Israel are a real team. We're learning how to do life together as mom and son, and I like it. 
Sometimes all I want to do is sit at home with him, because doing anything else sounds too overwhelming.
Other times, all I want to do is get out of the house, because sitting in our living room in my sweat pants and greasy hair has gone on long enough. 
Either way, I love being with him. 

He's growing so fast and I'm trying desperately to take it all in. 
He seems long. Really long. 

He nurses
He poops
He sleeps
He grunts, oh how he loves to grunt
He squirms
He flails his arms
He kicks his legs
He proudly holds his head up every chance he can get
He gets real red in the face for a few seconds before he starts to cry or poop
He has baby acne
He's wearing cloth diapers now
He makes the cutest face when he coughs and I melt every time (Jake was really concerned about this one. "As long as you're not making him cough")

I love every moment I have with this precious one


3 comments:

King Huckleberry said...

so sweet lindy. hopefully one day i can see you in action as mama. miss you friend

Jacob said...

You do such a good job! You're a great Momma!

colleen said...

I agree with Jake! You are a fabulous mom! I witnessed your love and enjoyment of sweet Israel? Your devotion is amazing. You ARE a great Mom!