Friday, March 15, 2013

Old photos, Fresh thoughts






These shots are from a couple weeks ago when some of Jake's family was here visiting. Our brother in-law snapped a few photos of my wee babe. He changes so fast! The sleeper he's wearing in these pictures is very tight on him now and is so short he can't stretch out his legs! I feel like the 4th photo doesn't even look like him, but it's real cute so I had to share.

This transition into motherhood has been an interesting one. Challenging at times, exciting, rewarding, sobering, humbling, terrifying, all enhanced by raging hormones and beginning with one life changing moment. I'm a mom now, and I always will be. Right now Israel is snoring (congested) peacefully next to me and I keep staring at him with a complex mixture of emotions. It's amazing how one little person can alter your life so thoroughly!

For every hard aspect of being a mom, there's a handful of priceless moments. He makes me smile without doing anything special. I feel so rich. My heart is full to overflowing and I am excited for the journey to come.



1 comment:

Natasha said...

oh he is so handsome : ) and i wish I could hear more about your new days in Mommyhood in person...bah. you're beautiful.