Monday, March 25, 2013

My Sweet Boy



I spend a lot of time in close contact with my boy. Either carrying him in the Moby or watching him sleep next to me or in my lap. We're getting into a routine and it's nice to know what I can expect. Typically, after he finishes nursing he's extremely happy. We're talking giddy. Jake and I think his smiles look like he's intoxicated on breast milk. It's adorable. We usually spend a good 10 to 15 minutes just hanging out and talking, me with words, him with adorable noises and coos. After that he will be chill for maybe 30 to 45 minutes or so. This is when I can easily put him in his bouncer or on the boppy and leave him alone for a bit to get things done. After that, he starts to get a little agitated. He can feel sleepiness coming on and he's not willing to give in. Eventually, that turns into full blown anger as he fights sleep. Finally, after some coaxing, he falls asleep and wakes up to repeat the cycle. I love this little guy.

2 comments:

colleen said...

My absolute favorite Pi true so far...you holding izzy in the kitchen! It,t captures his look.

Unknown said...

I LOVE HIS FACE SO MUCH!!!