Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Manna

A week has passed since the last time I posted and my emotions and my heart have been all over the place dealing with the issue of faith in God's provision! Last week my faith was increased because of the house situation working out so divinely, but it's amazing how quickly I forget. Over the past few days I've started to give in to unbelief and become a bit stressed out about the car situation. It just seemed like I was never going to find a car that was in ok shape for the amount of money I have. It started to consume my thoughts and I began to feel restless and distant from God. Last night, while at my small group in Lancaster, God reminded me of His nearness all over again. My small group, that typically consists of 10-13 young adults, gave me $2,400 to help me buy a car!! How amazing is that!?!? I cried, and for one of the first times in my life, was speechless. I didn't have all the right words to say, but made sure to communicate that they were an answer to prayer that came at just the right timing. Isn't it astonishing that even in our sinful, unbelieving state, God will lavish His abundant provision and grace? He truly is a good God and a loving Father. He knows what I need and He cares so much. Let this testimony increase your faith. He's got the whole world in His hands, it's true!
These are the ones who so blessed me. I can't begin to explain how dear they are to me.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Lindy!!!! That is so awesome! I can't believe you'll be here so soon and He is working everything out in such a delightful way : )

Jadah Bug said...

SOOOOOO GREAT!! I've been praying for you all week!! God is AMAZING and the Body of Christ in action is BEAUTIFUL!! O...so happy right now. :) yay Jesus and people who love Him :)