Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Miss #2

As silly as it may sound, I'm really going to miss my cat Rocko. He's been a real pal to me for a long time now (I can't remember when I got him, but I know it's been over 10 years) and he hasn't changed a bit. He's had so many medical problems it's ridiculous! He has one eye, a droopy ear, he's missing one of his front fangs, he's had at least 3 near death experiences where surgery saved his life, but he's just such a cool cat! He comes when you call him, he's always starved for attention, he welcomes strangers and instantly decides you're a friend. He sleeps in bed with me almost every night and has covered every single one of my black articles of clothing in fur. He's one of a kind so we make a great pair.
In this picture Rocko had recently gone to the vet to get his eye checked out. They thought he might lose it, so to protect the eye they sewed it shut and closed it with a shirt button. I kid you not! Click on the picture for a closer look!

On a more serious note, I'm doing my best to 'finish strong' my internship while also preparing to make a big move. I'm so excited for this next season of life in Minnesota, being around my boyfriend, reuniting with very dear friends, enjoying warm weather and new adventures, but I'm also dealing with the sadness of the things and people I'm leaving behind. God has been so faithful to provide for me thus far with the physical things I need for this transition, I know I can trust Him to steady my heart as two opposing emotions pull and tug with increasing measure. I'm keeping my eyes on Him first and allowing His understanding, His character, and His emotions be my guide.

No comments: