Monday, May 23, 2011

Zing

Yesterday was my last day working at the nursing home. Thursday was my last day with Home Helpers. My graduation for my internship is on Friday. I hope to be packed and all ready before Jake arrives on Thursday. Whew! This is definitely a season of change.

This week I'm pondering a lot about what God did during my internship. This was such an intense time of growth in my life and the timing of it all was crucial. The other day one of the leaders of the House of Prayer said something like this; "You've received tools during this internship not to make you instantly awesome, but to aid you in running the race until the end" Now I need to clearly identify the tools, continue to learn how to use them, and implement these new truths and practices into my life. Why would I want to live life the same way I did before I set apart these 5 months? I signed up for the internship because I wanted to see change in my life. I signed up because God showed me that the first commandment didn't have first place in my life. So, now what? I'll let you know as I figure it out for myself.

My future house-mate, Noelle, sent me a few pictures of our new place. I'm so excited!
our dining room

my bathroom

1 comment:

Momuv5 said...

Hi Lindy,
I was in the states and didn't have this link saved on my laptop. I spoke with Nicole on Tuesday and found out that you are moving back to MN! Plus she said you are interested in taking her position at the retirement home. So exciting that the residents will get to know another one from the Awesome Austria Team. I'm happy that you are getting to be close to some of your team again but sad that Nicole and Caleb will be moving away soon after you arrive. Enjoy the time you will get to spend with each other.
Love,
Yvette